NEW! Holiday events list here!
Posted June 4, 2015
WANTED - MANAGER, County Market Store
Click here for information on the current opening for a store manager.
Posted December 31, 2015
WANTED - MEAT CUTTER, Weber Meats, Inc.
Contact Julie Weber @ (217) 357-2130
WANTED - Permanent, Full-time position in the Hancock County Farm Service Carthage office
Contact Richard E Burling
County Executive Director
Hancock County Farm Service Agency
Phone: (217)357-2188, Ext 2
MENTAL HEALTH CENTERS OF WESTERN ILLINOIS
A member of the maintenance staff responsible for general maintenance of the Mental Health Centers of Western Illinois facilities, grounds and equipment at the Hancock Center site. In addition provides on the job support to consumers employed in the supported employment program (SEP).
1. Background and experience in general maintenance
2. Plumbing, electrical, heating and carpentry skills preferred
3. A valid driver’s license
Reporting Supervisor: Associate Director-Hancock
Position(s) Supervised: Not Applicable
A Maintenance Specialist is expected to maintain a clean, healthy, appealing and safe interior and exterior environment for clients and staff at both the Hancock Center and Randolph Lane Locations. The position also requires maintenance and repair of agency vehicles as to keep them in a safe and operable state. The Maintenance Specialist will also provide on the job support to consumers working in the Supported Employment Program.
1. Provide general repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of all equipment necessary to the safe and effective continuous operation of the agency and its equipment and vehicles.
3. Keep maintenance equipment in good working condition and identify future needs of the facilities.
4. Respond to facilities maintenance problems on an emergency basis and identify solutions to remedy crises.
5. Complete Randolph Lane Maintenance requests from tenants within 2 working days. Serve as backup for center maintenance requests.
6. Develop and plan a preventive maintenance program such that major problems are avoided.
7. Assimilate and carry out procedures and protocol in the event of an emergency in a professional and competent manner.
8. Complete vehicle maintenance documentation as required.
9. Insure agency vehicles operate efficiently, receive routine maintenance and are in compliance with safety regulations.
10. Complete monthly vehicle checklist and assist with keeping a current vehicle maintenance/ repair record on all agency vehicles.
11. Complete monthly self-inspections of agency facilities. This includes completing two inspections annually on PM shift at Randolph (January/ July).
12. Ensure snow is removed from side walks at Randolph Lane.
13. Provide oversight and on the job support to the consumers employed in the supported employment program.
14. Insure that all lawn mowers in the supported employment fleet are safe and in good repair.
15. Preserve confidentiality of all agency materials relating to clients, services and privileged personnel/ administration information.
16. Understand and observe the policies and procedures established by the Mental Health Centers of Western Illinois.
17. Attend required annual trainings, IDOT trainings and other work-related seminars to increase overall knowledge base and improve job-related skills.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The position is full time (37.5 hrs per week) and comes with holiday, vacation, sick and 401K retirement benefits. There is also a health insurance option that is available for both the employee and spouse/ children. To be eligible for hire the individual must pass a background check. Some background in light maintenance is preferred. If interested in applying, call (217-357-3176) to schedule an interview with Joe Little or email resume to Joe Little at email@example.com.