Share |

Roadways of Carthage

importuser

Roadways of Carthage

By importuser at 2/10/2002 5:06 PM

Posted by:MattDickinson
Carthage is served by two major highways:
<nl>
<li>Illinois Route 94 is a north-south highway that leads to Quincy, IL to the south and to Burlington, IA to the north, both cities of 45-50,000.  At Quincy you can enter the National Interstate System via I-172, which goes to Springfield, IL and I-55.
<li>US Highway 136 is an east-west highway that can take you east across the state of Illinois and west to the Mississippi River and Keokuk, IA, and soon to the Avenue of the Saints, the new 4-lane connecting St. Louis and St. Paul.
</ul>
HOWEVER, it's the new highway that is most interesting!  Highway 336 is a four-lane Illinois highway currently under construction.  It is complete from Quincy to about 2 miles east of Carthage.  In the next 2 years, it will reach  Macomb.  When completed by 2009, highway 336 will be part of a major route from Quincy to Chicago!  

Development opportunities abound "on the curve" of Hwy 336 in Carthage!
importuser

Re: Roadways of Carthage

By importuser at 2/11/2002 9:07 AM

Posted by:carsnfrd
The new highway that will be built just outside Carthage ----IS IT THE ROAD INTO TOWN OR IS IT THE ROAD OUT OF TOWN?!?! Comments--observations--ideas--questions--let's start the ball a rollin!

importuser

Re: Roadways of Carthage

By importuser at 7/17/2007 5:40 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
great things happening in Carthage as our new highway is nearing completion. I know that this highway will be the road into town!!!! lwt's all work together to make good things happen for all of us.
RC