Share |

water tower

importuser

water tower

By importuser at 2/11/2002 9:11 AM

Posted by:carsnfrd
?????---What should our new water tower say on it and what direction should it be painted on ---north south east or west?
importuser

Re: water tower

By importuser at 2/11/2002 10:38 AM

Posted by:MattDickinson
The City had a "contest" for what should be on the water tower, they gave high school students about a month or so to come up with a design, but last I heard, no entries were submitted. Too bad, this is our chance to shine!

I think the Carthage logo (as drawn by Tom Sjoerdsma long ago and used throughout this web site) would be a minimum, but a collage would be really great, too. Maybe a little courthouse, blueboy/girl logo, WOW park, and other icons all mixed together. I'm not sure what the requirements/limitations as far as the paint company may be, but the city would know. It should definitely be painted on the South side of the tower, facing town and as many viewers as possible. Ideally a mural would be great, too, but I feel confident we'd have to start a fund-raiser to pay for that extra effort.

Come on, any artists out there?
importuser

By importuser at 2/12/2002 3:35 PM

Posted by:gary62321
The city did get a few designs from the school. The engineers tell us that the good usable surface for painting is a lot more limited than you might think. Also when we mentioned a logo or something they implied that the cost might be prohibitive. But I know they are checking on what can be done and the costs. I think we should paint "Class of ____" and save the kids some trouble.
importuser

By importuser at 2/13/2002 4:27 PM

Posted by:carsnfrd
how about ---CARSONFORD.COM
importuser

By importuser at 2/17/2002 12:03 AM

Posted by:MattDickinson
Come on, Everybody, that should be incentive enough: If we don't come up with a great logo and/or Carthage slogan, we're liable to be seeing Fords hanging from the water tower! :roll:

[ This Message was edited by: MattDickinson on 2002-02-17 00:05 ]
importuser

By importuser at 7/2/2002 4:56 PM

Posted by:Anonymous
Due to it's location, painting it to resemble a golf ball on a tee with Carthage writen on the side would look great.