Share |

Tobias family

importuser

Tobias family

By importuser at 3/6/2010 4:27 AM

Posted by:tobi
Hello people from Hancock County and neighboring counties. Here is Volker Tobias, an East-Frisian from the vicinity of Funnix from the other side of the pond. Funnix is a small town in East Frisia/Germany, where the Tobias-family came from. I am looking for living descendants of a part of this family, who moved in the 80s of the 19th Century to Illinois. With several cousins I am doing the genealogy of the Tobias family and would like to contact the Tobias `sen in Carthage and the surrounding area to learn more about our family.
Johann Folkerts Tobias emigrated in 1882 to Illinois and founded in Basco with his wife Anna Fooken a farm. They had totally 6 children, 4 girls and 2 boys. One girl died at age 11. Via marriage, there are  connections to the families Janssen, Wachtendorf, Garrels and Wichman. Until ca 1980 contact by letter must have existed, because I have a photo of the Tobias siblings from that period. In this photo can be seen: Hannah Tobias Wachtendorf, John Tobias, Onno Tobias, Etha Maria Tobias Wichman, all aged between 75 and 85. If you belong to the family or have contact to a member of the family, please inform me at my e-mail-address
I am grateful for any information.